Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
Remodeling your basement is the best way to increase your existing living space with an investment that will significantly pay back for itself over a relatively period. Among the best home improvements when considering both adding value and increasing living space is to perform a basement finishing project.
Your basement is more than just space for you to store stuff; it's also your foundation. Often basement waterproofing problems go hand in hand with foundation problems. By waterproofing your basement, you can often avoid costly structural problems. Expand your home's square footage by using your basement for more than just storage. Whether your basement space is a full, half, or walk out, you can transform the area to a usable, dry, comfortable living space. Once your basement is waterproofed, basement finishing is the most efficient way to add living space to your home. Many homes can double in square footage by merely finishing the basement for a small fraction of the cost of putting on a home addition. Even if you don't have specific plans to finish your basement, waterproofing will increase living and home value.
Think about how you would like to space to function. Basements are ideal for casual, social activities for the whole family, or just for the children. Building codes require that basements bedrooms have an emergency exit that leads directly outside, either through a Basement Entrance (Bilco Door) or Egress Window. Adding a basement egress window will result in natural light and an emergency exit.
Waters Basement Services Incorporated will help you find the best solution for your basement. We will work with you every step of the way to make sure that you feel comfortable with your home's basement waterproofing solution - from inspection and planning to installation and project completion.
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Did You Know?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Basement Entrance Door
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall