First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
The first line of defense to keep your basement dry and rid your basement of mold and mildew is to clean and repair roof gutters. Roof drainage is a common cause of wet basements. The most severe problem is downspouts that discharge water directly at foundation walls. A typical 2000 square foot roof can produce almost 1200 gallons of water during just 1 inch of rainfall. Make sure gutter water dumps away from your foundation.
Waters Basement Services, Inc. installs gutter downspouts into an underground system (Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot). The Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot under-ground downspout extension allows water to flow underground through a pipe away from your foundation. As water fills in the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot, the holes in the bottom of the pipe allow the water to drain onto the stone and excess water to flow out the top and filter into the ground. The Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot top is removable to clean any debris that may get into the pot. You can even mow over your Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot.
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Did You Know?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Basement Entrance Door
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall