First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
The first line of defense to keep your basement dry and rid your basement of mold and mildew is to clean and repair roof gutters. Roof drainage is a common cause of wet basements. The most severe problem is downspouts that discharge water directly at foundation walls. A typical 2000 square foot roof can produce almost 1200 gallons of water during just 1 inch of rainfall. Make sure gutter water dumps away from your foundation.
Waters Basement Services, Inc. installs gutter downspouts into an underground system (Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot). The Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot under-ground downspout extension allows water to flow underground through a pipe away from your foundation. As water fills in the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot, the holes in the bottom of the pipe allow the water to drain onto the stone and excess water to flow out the top and filter into the ground. The Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot top is removable to clean any debris that may get into the pot. You can even mow over your Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot.
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- A wet basement is often caused by poor grading and clogged gutters
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Basement Entrance Door
- Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
- Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Did You Know?
- Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
- Exterior vs Interior Basement Waterproofing
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- My Basement Wall is White, Chalky, Powdery; Why?
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Why the Type of Pipe Used in Drain Tile is So Important
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned