Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
The Importance of Using a Dehumidifier and Where That Dehumidifier Should be Placed
Use a dehumidifier in your basement to keep relative humidity below 60% (Ideally between 30 and 50 percent relative humidity). Dehumidifiers should be used all year. With the energy saver dehumidifier, it will only run when needed. Dehumidifiers can use a garden hose to run it over to your sump basin so there is no need to empty the water in the dehumidifier bucket.
Never put your dehumidifier right next to your sump basin, as the dehumidifier will keep trying to remove the water from your sump basin. Always have a lid on your sump basin to help keep the moisture in the sump.If you have rooms in your basement, you may need to run a fan to help circulate the air throughout your basement.
It is also very important to not open the windows and doors when running a dehumidifier in your basement. When the outside air is warmer than your basement air it can cause a humid atmosphere.
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- A wet basement is often caused by poor grading and clogged gutters
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Basement Entrance Door
- Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
- Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Did You Know?
- Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
- Exterior vs Interior Basement Waterproofing
- First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- My Basement Wall is White, Chalky, Powdery; Why?
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Why the Type of Pipe Used in Drain Tile is So Important
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned