Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
The Importance of Using a Dehumidifier and Where That Dehumidifier Should be Placed
Use a dehumidifier in your basement to keep relative humidity below 60% (Ideally between 30 and 50 percent relative humidity). Dehumidifiers should be used all year. With the energy saver dehumidifier, it will only run when needed. Dehumidifiers can use a garden hose to run it over to your sump basin so there is no need to empty the water in the dehumidifier bucket.
Never put your dehumidifier right next to your sump basin, as the dehumidifier will keep trying to remove the water from your sump basin. Always have a lid on your sump basin to help keep the moisture in the sump.If you have rooms in your basement, you may need to run a fan to help circulate the air throughout your basement.
It is also very important to not open the windows and doors when running a dehumidifier in your basement. When the outside air is warmer than your basement air it can cause a humid atmosphere.
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Did You Know?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Basement Entrance Door
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall