Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
Why Do Cracked and Bowed Walls Eventually Collapse?
Typically, foundations are stressed when pressure (hydrostatic pressure, expansive soil or lateral earth movement) exerted on the outside of the foundation. Hydrostatic pressure causes walls to crack and separate beyond their tensile capacity. If not stopped, or correctly reinforced, foundations could collapse.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcer applied to the foundation, counteracts further outside pressure on the wall, taking the tension force to tensile load that the concrete or mortar joint cannot. For every increase in pressure, Carbon Fiber supplies an equal and opposite resistant force making the wall stronger; helping to eliminate shifting, expanding, cracking or bowing.
"The Reinforcer" is a patented state-of-the-art system developed by professional engineers. A combination of space-age polymers and carbon fibers processed into a material that is virtually impossible to stretch.Less than 1/16" thick, it is a perfect material to use on basement foundation walls to resist outside pressure.
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Did You Know?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Basement Entrance Door
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall