Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
Why Do Cracked and Bowed Walls Eventually Collapse?
Typically, foundations are stressed when pressure (hydrostatic pressure, expansive soil or lateral earth movement) exerted on the outside of the foundation. Hydrostatic pressure causes walls to crack and separate beyond their tensile capacity. If not stopped, or correctly reinforced, foundations could collapse.
Carbon Fiber Reinforcer applied to the foundation, counteracts further outside pressure on the wall, taking the tension force to tensile load that the concrete or mortar joint cannot. For every increase in pressure, Carbon Fiber supplies an equal and opposite resistant force making the wall stronger; helping to eliminate shifting, expanding, cracking or bowing.
"The Reinforcer" is a patented state-of-the-art system developed by professional engineers. A combination of space-age polymers and carbon fibers processed into a material that is virtually impossible to stretch.Less than 1/16" thick, it is a perfect material to use on basement foundation walls to resist outside pressure.
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Basement Entrance Door
- Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
- Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Did You Know?
- Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
- Exterior vs Interior Basement Waterproofing
- First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Why the Type of Pipe Used in Drain Tile is So Important
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned