Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
Having mold in a basement can cause a lot of different health problems from asthma to respiratory problems. Mold is also a very common allergy and can cause severe reactions. Eliminating basement moisture prevents mold from growing, and in order to solve a mold problem, it's important to find the source.
At Waters Basement Services, our first step in a basement assessment is to determine the source of the water or moisture that caused the mold growth to begin. Porous building materials are the largest holders of microbial contamination and typically the repository for water intrusion. If products have any organic materials, then this environment will become a reasonable environment for mold, mildew, dust mites, and rot.
Materials like paint, drywall, boxes, cloth, and most other common building materials have some organic composition and are vulnerable to these types of damage. Many people think they can just paint over moldy surfaces. Paint applied over moldy surfaces is likely to peel. Additionally, be wary of absorbent basement wall materials like insulation that can absorb moisture and hold water. The key to solving a mold problem is stopping the source of water or moisture.
We spray Anabec, a mold inhibitor, to remove the food source that causes mold. Waters Basement Services uses Anabec - the right solution to mold removal, cleaning, and prevention. Anabec cleaning solution is formulated to provide a surfactant that removes the organic debris from the materials being treated. Anabec removes the food source and is designed to treat both porous and non-porous surfaces. Anabec recovers and protects building materials. Waters Basement Services sprays Anabec on effective areas to remove the food source and protect building materials.
The key to solving mold issues is complete removal and then prevention of future moisture problems. Give us a call today if you're having mold issues in your basement and we'll come to take care of it! Call us at (585) 765-3369.
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Basement Entrance Door
- Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Did You Know?
- Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
- Exterior vs Interior Basement Waterproofing
- First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- My Basement Wall is White, Chalky, Powdery; Why?
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Why the Type of Pipe Used in Drain Tile is So Important
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned