Before Finishing or Renovating Your Basement
Your basement finishing project will invest a significant amount of money in your home. Waters Basement Services recommends that you prepare your basement for finishing.
Protect your basement finishing investment by waterproofing, installing a sump basin and pump. Have a water backup sump pump (needs to use municipality water) or battery backup sump pump (in case of a power outage) installed. Cleaning your drain tile (at least once a year); and remove high levels of humidity and pollutants with a ventilation system and a high-capacity, high-efficiency dehumidifier. Waterproofing your basement protects your investment for a lifetime, not just a few years. You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth.
- The first concern before finishing or renovating your basement is to keep it dry.
- Keeping your basement dry means protecting your basement from leaks, water or water vapor dampness.
- Both a wet or even damp basement is unsuitable for finishing.
- Moisture will get into the building material and cause mold, mildew, or rot.
- Moisture causes unpleasant orders to floor coverings, furniture, and personal possessions.
Before transforming the square footage of your basement into usable living space, even if you rarely have dampness or water, contact Waters Basement Services, Inc.; a knowledgeable basement waterproofer that specializes in Basement Services.
- 3 Tips when Considering an Egress Window
- A wet basement is often caused by poor grading and clogged gutters
- Austin Unloading Trailer
- Basement Entrance Door
- Basement Mold Removal, Cleaning, & Prevention with Anabec
- Benefits of Basement Waterproofing
- Did You Know?
- Does Investing in My Basement Increase the Value of My Home?
- Exterior vs Interior Basement Waterproofing
- First Line of Defense to Keep Your Basement Dry
- Fixing Vertical and Horizontal Basement Wall Cracks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Garrett helping Papa unload the trailer
- Gutter and Downspout Water
- Importance of Using a Dehumidifier
- Lower Energy Bills with Rim Joist Spray Insulation
- Major Causes of Basement Problems
- Most Effective Way to Insulate at the Rim Joist
- My Basement Wall is White, Chalky, Powdery; Why?
- Our Grandson Cole helping PaPa with a Wall Crack
- Outside Basement Entrance (Bilco, Gordon Door)
- Painting Basement Walls vs Waterproofing Panel System
- Protect Your Foundation from Water Damage with the Lawn Scape Bubbler Pot
- Repair for Horizontal Crack and Bowed Basement Wall
- Solutions to Common Spring Wet Basement Problems
- Sump Pumps: Why Homeowners Should Periodically Check Their Drainage System
- Tips on Comparing Company Estimates
- Top 3 Causes a Bowed Basement Wall
- Water Back-Up Sump Pumps vs. Battery Back-Up Sump Pumps
- What are Diverters used for in basement waterproofing?
- What Causes Mold? It Could Be Your Damp, Leaky Basement
- Why do I have Water Coming in on the Floor Where the Basement Wall and Floor Meet?
- Why having a Backup Sump Pump is so Important!
- Why the Type of Pipe Used in Drain Tile is So Important
- Why Your Drain Tile Should Be Cleaned